Cafe Manager - Job Description
Date: 3rd August 2020
Title: Cafe Manager
Department: Cafe Team
Reports to: CEO
Supervises: Coffee Craftsman (Casuals)
McTavish is a fast growing company with functions across design, production, retail sales, wholesale sales, and food & beverage. Our brand enjoys a reputation for producing products of a very high quality standard across all these areas, combined with market leading customer service.
This reputation extends to our café, and the Coffee Chief is tasked with ensuring that our coffee and food offering, along with our customer service, remains at the highest possible standard.
The cafe department of McTavish currently accounts for 6.5% of the companies’ revenue. Its on-going growth and profitability are vital. Continued growth will come from an increase and expansion of the F&B offering, and margin improvements can also be gained with increased efficiency, more turnover, and refinements to sourcing.
The Coffee Chief will hold a senior management role within McTavish, reporting directly to the CEO. Performance expectations are high.
McTavish is a busy place, where things can change quickly, so a positive attitude and willingness to adapt within a fast-paced environment are crucial.
Duties and essential job functions:
- Café duties including serving customers, preparation of food and coffee, and also cleaning and maintaining café equipment
- Quality control checks of all café offerings
- Attend weekly one on one meeting with CEO, and with any direct reports
- HR Management of cafe staff including rostering, recruitment, training, on-going supervision
- Implementation of systems to manage compliance, ordering & inventory management
- Work to continually review and improve processes
- Delivering exceptional customer service to all McTavish customers via face-to-face interaction, phone interaction and email correspondence
- Order, receive & check all required incoming F&B
- Working competently within all data systems operating within the business, including Kounta, Excel, Word, Mail and others
- Work to reduce costs through reviewing sourcing
- Assist with the set-up, pack-up and running of all events held at McTavish
- Work to achieve monthly sales targets
- Unrestricted Drivers License
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build strong and constructive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, at all times conveying a professional and positive image and attitude regarding McTavish
- Alignment with McTavish brand values
- A deep love of surfing & beach lifestyle
Please submit CV via email only to email@example.com