Sales Advisor - Job Description
Date: 8th February 2021
Title: Sales Advisor
Department: Sales Team
Reports to: Sales Chief / Retail
McTavish is a fast growing company with functions across design, production, retail sales, wholesale sales, and food & beverage. The brand enjoys a reputation for producing products of a very high quality standard across all these areas, combined with market leading customer service.
Vertical retail sales through the 2 McTavish stores account for over 65% of company income. These stores operate 7 days a week and are critical in supporting the cash-flow needs of the growing business. McTavish Sales Advisors are responsible for all sales functions in these stores, including the sale of custom and stock surfboards, apparel, and other accessories. Sales skills and experience are necessary, as is a friendly and casual demeanour.
McTavish is a busy place, where things can change quickly, so a positive attitude and willingness to adapt within a fast-paced environment are crucial.
Duties and essential job functions:
- Achieve monthly sales targets as set by McTavish management.
- Ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service to all McTavish customers via face-to-face interaction, phone interaction and email correspondence.
- Working competently within all data systems operating within the business, including VEND, XERO, Tradegecko, EXCEL, Word, Mail and others.
- Assisting with the set-up, pack-up and running of all events held at McTavish and held off-site at various locations such as Byron Bay Surf Festival & Fletcher St Outpost.
- Attend weekly meetings to evaluate and report on Sales and Customer Service performance.
- Manage inventory levels and re-stock daily in store
- Assist with café sales during peak periods each day, usually from 8.15am to 10am
- Visual Merchandising of all stock in store
- Work to achieve KPI’s (set together annually)
- Unrestricted Drivers License
- A minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A casual yet professional demeanour
- Alignment with McTavish brand values
- A love of surfing & beach lifestyle
Position is part-time initially with potential for a permanent, full-time role for the right person.
Please submit CV via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org