Job Description – Marketing & E-Com Chief
McTavish is a fast-growing company with functions across design, production, retail & wholesale sales, and food & beverage. The brand enjoys a reputation for delivering a high-quality standard across all these areas, combined with market leading customer service.
Over the past 2 years we have established a new apparel business, opened a café at our Byron Bay HQ, and also opened a second retail outlet in down-town Byron Bay. Discipline and frequency around marketing activity has increased significantly, and whilst we have succeeded in growing our audience, a lack of cohesive marketing strategy, and an appropriate budget, has meant that marketing activity has been sporadic, and results hard to quantify.
A key strategy for McTavish in our new 3-year plan is an increase in marketing and sales activity, with a keen focus on online sales growth. It is essential that we have the correct talent in place to facilitate this strategic initiative, and there is now a need for a full time Marketing & E-Com Chief.
The Marketing & E-Com Chief will be a senior management role within McTavish, reporting directly to the CEO. The role also supervises 2 direct reports below. Performance expectations are high, and a commensurate salary is offered. As a new role, it is broad in scope, and encompasses ALL marketing and e-com functions, from strategy to execution.
McTavish is a busy place, where things can change quickly, so a positive attitude and willingness to adapt within a fast-paced environment are crucial.
Duties and essential job functions:
- Develop & implement a balanced marketing communications plan & budget to execute the vision of the company directors
- Responsible for brand positioning across all marketing and communications channels ensuring alignment with the brands overall business strategy and creative direction
- Develop targeted marketing strategies to service all company sales channels (Online, Wholesale, Retail, Cafe) providing sales support & promotional collateral to assist in achieving sales targets
- Develop with team, all marketing collateral for the launch of new product ranges, brand campaigns, social media, digital, VM, photo shoots, promotions, brand partnerships, point of sale and events, including warehouse sales & festivals
- Maintain and drive ongoing content and develop content for the brand blog
and newsletters in order to drive sales through the key channels
- Provide strategic guidance to improve overall conversion rates of the ecommerce business
- Analyse website traffic data, and provide insights on performance of online and multi-channel initiatives
- Develop new initiatives, incorporating market research, analytics data, operating costs
- Oversee, plan and manage PR strategies, relationships and action plans
- Prepare press releases and feature articles
- Source brand alignment opportunities and establish key relationship and networks with select media, bloggers and online partners
- Manage a streamlined and concise gifting and product placement strategy for both local and international partners and coordinate product samples for media loans
- Analyse customer and market trends to provide input into development of product ranges & categories
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of all marketing functions
- Work to constantly improve user experience on McTavish website
- Management of the online sales channel to achieve its sales targets
- Coordinating product release & sales promotion strategies
- Assist with merchandising of the store to maximize sales performance
- Ongoing research and analysis of store performance including sales reports as required
- Provide input into the planning of ranges in line with online market demands and trends
- Assist in the planning of online & retail seasonal purchase orders
- Research of market competitors in the online sales channels
- Manage, coordinate and report on McTavish Brand Ambassador activity, travel plans, contract negotiations
- Conceptualise, plan and coordinate McTavish events
Qualifications & Minimum requirements:
- Unrestricted Drivers License
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build strong and constructive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, at all times conveying a professional and positive image and attitude regarding McTavish
- Alignment with McTavish brand values
- A love of surfing & beach lifestyle
This role is based at our Byron Bay HQ.
If this role sounds like you, please apply by submitting a cover letter & resume BY EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com