Job Description – Factory Production Chief
Date: 27th April 2021
Title: Factory Production Chief
Department: Surfboard Team
Reports to: Factory Production Manager
Job Summary:McTavish is a fast growing company with functions across design, production, retail sales, wholesale sales, and food & beverage. Our brand enjoys a reputation for producing products of a very high quality standard across all these areas, combined with market leading customer service. This reputation for quality has its roots in the custom surfboards we manufacture in our Byron Bay factory. Ensuring this reputation is maintained is paramount to the ongoing success of the brand.
The surfboard department of McTavish currently accounts for 55% of the companies’ revenue. It’s on- going growth and profitability are vital. Continued growth will come from an increase in board production numbers, and margin improvements can also be gained with increased efficiency and production planning, lower production times, and more intelligent sourcing.
The factory environment has had little formal management over the past 5 years and there are many areas that require attention and improvement. A Production Chief is required to implement and action change, as well as oversee daily operations of the factory.
The Production Chief will hold a senior management role within McTavish, reporting directly to the CEO. Performance expectations are high, the role is full time and has a commensurate salary. The role covers all surfboard finishing functions, from laminating through to despatch.
McTavish is a busy place, where things can change quickly, so a positive attitude and willingness to adapt within a fast-paced environment are crucial.
Duties and essential job functions:
- Manage production of all stock and custom boards
- Allocation and prioritising of work (work-flow management)
- Quality control checking of each step, and also final QC check of each board
- HR Management of factory finishing staff including recruitment, training & supervision
- Implementation of systems to manage materials ordering & inventory
- Manage production lists and specifications for international manufacturers such as Pukas
- Maintain a safe, clean and tidy factory environment
- Lead improvement works where needed in factory workspaces
- Work to continually review and improve processes
- Liaise with sales managers to prioritise production
- Order, receive & check all required materials
- Work to reduce production costs through competitive materials sourcing
- Manage production costs and overheads consistent with annual budgets
- Work to achieve KPI’s (set together annually)
- Unrestricted Drivers License
- Highly organised and detail focussed
- A strong knowledge of surfboard quality attributes
- A minimum of 2 years production management experience
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build strong and constructive relationships with
- all internal and external stakeholders, at all times conveying a professional and positive image
- and attitude regarding McTavish
- Alignment with McTavish brand belief
• A love of surfing & beach lifestyle
Apply via LinkedIn here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.